Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We're Home

Us meeting our son for the first time.
Caleb mimicking the dog and playing with their toys
Our beautiful son




Sorry it has taken so long to post this entry, but life has become very busy with a two year old little boy running around. We arrived home on Friday night about midnight and the girls were so excited to meet their new little brother. It was wonderful. The two older girls cried so hard when they first met them I started crying with them. And Alli was just smiling from ear to ear. It was fun having the girls, my parents and my best friend meet us at the airport with welcome home signs and big hugs. We love you guys!!

In Ethiopia we had a fabulous time and the couples that we met over there were great. It was so wonderful being around people that had such passion about adoption. We seen a lot of stuff and are still trying to process everything, so keep checking the blog and I will be posting a summary of our trip for everyone. Yes even with some pictures.

Caleb is adjusting very well with everyone. He loves to wrestle with his sister and playing catch. He now will call Tom and I mommy and daddy and identifies who is who. He also loves to mimic everything we do and say, so I don't think it will be long and he will be speaking English. He is not quite adjusted to the dogs yet but he will try to play with them for a few minutes before he gets scared and runs away. Well I hear someone waking up so I will update more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys he is so cute. Looking forward to meeting him soon and to see you all.

Much Love,
Anna

Calli said...

He is so darn cute!!! I am so thankful that things are going to smoothly for all of you!

Sarah said...

I started crying when I saw the picture of you all meeting for the first time. I'm already filled with overwhelming joy even thinking about the first time we set eyes on our precious little boy. Thank you for posting all this, Leanne! You guys are an awesome encouragement.