Friday, July 18, 2008

Caleb is in our arms!!

We are here in Africa. It was a very long flight and got to our hotel at about 11:30pm on Thursday night. The traffic is crazy everybody goes everywhere and they honk their horn at the time. We were able to sleep last night because we were so exhausted then woke up and met all the other families and ate breakfast. After that we were able to meet Tariku (Caleb). It was so incredible, they had him walk down the stairs by himself to greet us. He was scared and cried for a moment but warmed up when we started playing with him. After about 45 minutes with him he crawled in my lap and fell asleep in my arms (I was overjoyed). Tom got to feed him lunch and then lay him down for his nap. He is very quiet so far and very precious.

This is such an amazing place. Pictures could be difficult to post because of the internet connection and power outages, but we will try. Thanks for praying.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I am so thankful that you got there safely and that your little boy is finly with his mommy and daddy. I have been checking every moment that I get. I know that it is difficult to get a message posted, but I have been so excited. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Much Love,
Anna

Calli said...

What an amazing experience! I can't even imagine the joy you guys are feeling. I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet him!!

Pastor Myron said...

Praise God! God is so awesome! My heart is pounding as I consider the joy you must be feeling. Thank you Lord for "fearfully and wonderfully" creating this little boy, Caleb,just for the Tom and Leanne and the Wade family. I can hardly wait to see him in your arms here in Spokane.

Lord's Blessings, Pastor Myron

Anonymous said...

Unbelievably exciting! I was able to call Mom and Dad, and D, K and A all jumped on different phones -- and I was able to read them this blog entry. What a blessing -- we can't wait to meet Caleb.

Anonymous said...

Who's Caleb? :)
Bill D

Anonymous said...

We went with the girls into Seattle today and stopped at two Ethiopian places. One was an Import store where the owner was Ethiopian and the other was a Restaurant. They both were thankful for what you are doing by adopting Teraku. God Bless you.
GrandDad W.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys. We have kept you in our prayers for your journey to this wonderful day. We cant wait to see photos of your handsome young man. Keep us posted and God Bless The Eckles