Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Mommy & Daddy"

Well today we had our visa interview and the final stamp of approval the he is coming home with us. We should receive his visa and passport on Thursday and morning and should be home late Friday night. He has totally opened up to us and called us mommy and daddy today. We went to the visa interview and then a celebration lunch. Caleb ate really well and then proceeded to throw up everywhere at the restaurant. (It was the third child that threw up today) We are having a blast and absolutely loving Ethiopia. I can't even explain the poverty that we have seen. Every time I look in the streets and see a little 3 or 4 year old walking the street I thank God that He has blessed us with Caleb. We did get a chance to buy some coffee today and the coffee here is better than you can ever imagine.

8 comments:

Calli said...

What an amazing feeling to have him call you "Mommy" and "Daddy"!! I am so very happy for you and the girls!

Pastor Myron said...

Caleb is blessed to be able to call the two of you "Mommy and Daddy". I know it was precious for you to hear those words. Some day Caleb will know how how much joy it brought to your lives and to his. God is so good!

God Bless, Pastor Myron

Anonymous said...

I am stunned! With each blog and just lose it! My mouth drops, my heart swells, I cry with the biggest smile on my face!! And all I can think is that maybe if I could multiply my feelings by a million I could know how you feel. All I can say is congratulations on the newest addition to the Wade family and Praise to our God who loves and provides for us! His plan in His time is so amazing! Thank you both for sharing this amazing blessing with all of us.
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys, what a feeling to hear that. Looking forward to seeing you. Not too long now.

Much Love,
Anna

Anonymous said...

I shed tears of joy for you all to hear that caleb is saying all of your names. (deanna has been forwarding sami and all your emails) God is truley blessing Caleb, your family and us as well with this situation. I cant wait to have you all home! Sami and i are praying for you guys. We miss you and love you!

Alex

Anonymous said...

DITTO to everyones comments and I just want you and Tim to know you're in my prayers and I love you two so much! I love Caleb too! Tell him I said that =] This is just sooo amazing. I am close to tears, but they are joyful for sure! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHA. I called Tom TIM. Accidentally. But I'm sure I meant TOM. Who else could it be? MUAHAHA. LOVE.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Congrats to you guys again!