Friday, December 28, 2007

Waiting Mother

Well today we went and had 10 pages of our dossier notarized. We are getting so excited to meet this little guy that God has picked out for us. I am currently reading a book on toddler adoption and read this song from a mother who was waiting to adopt her son. I think that it fits so well I would like to share it with you:

I'm pregnant, but my tummy isn't growing,
And no one ever calls me "Little Mom."
The public simply isn't overflowing
With questions that I'd handle with aplomb.

There are no special clothes to mark my waiting.
Nobody stops and smiles as I pass by.
The absence of a due-date is frustrating
And looking at the nursery makes me cry.

When I'm overdue no one will worry.
The phone won't ring and ring as friends check in.
I can't induce my labor in a hurry,
My new life as a parent to begin.

Adoptin is a worrisome endeavor,
And waiting all alone is not much fun.
To be "with child" a year seems like forever.
Dear God, we're ready! Please send us our son!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you guys are adopting!!! My favorite part of your blog is the picture of the two hands! It is ssoo cute! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!!

From,
Alex Hall