Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Arrive in Addis Ababa

Well I think that it is about time to write about our trip to Ethiopia. We seen a lot and processed a lot of different things we saw there. So this is to you, Sandy (thanks for the encouragement)

We arrived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on July 17th at about 10:00pm, 40 hours after leaving our house. Needless to say we were exhausted. We then had to go through customs, exchange money and get our visas, that took about an 1.5 hours. We were then met by one of the staff members Tamirat who took us and the other families to our hotel. When we arrived at the hotel there were men there they helped us carry our luggage (I mean they carried our luggage) up to our room. Yes , they carried it up 2 fights of stairs because there are no elevators. I really did not think that we were going to be able to sleep because of the excitement of meeting Caleb in the morning. But as soon as my head hit that pillow I was asleep and even though the bed was as hard as a rock it didn't seem to bother me to much that first night. We woke up the next morning and prepared to meet our son for the first time.

So this is how our trip started out. Stay tuned and I will be posting each day about a day of our trip, we had a fabulous time and will be sharing some wonderful pictures with you.

1 comment:

Sandy Hill said...

Thanks Leann and Tom. I really enjoy keeping up with your trip and it was a joy and pleasure meeting Caleb the other night. Hopefully I will get to see all of you again soon.