Thursday, June 19, 2008

Today's Court Date

Well today was our court date, but due to some paperwork issues our case was not heard by the federal court in Ethiopia. Our case, along with other families from our agency, will be rescheduled for sometime hopefully next week. We should hear more on Monday. This was disappointing news for us, but we know that God is in control and His timing is best. Also last night as I was lying in bed praying about our court hearing I heard God's voice say to me, "Be Still and know that I AM God." That has given me the comfort that I needed today. Please continue to pray for us as we continue our process.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Hi there -

I accidentally came across your blog today and realized we are on the same yahoo group for people adopting from Ethiopia through Holt. My name is Kristen DeAndrea and my husband, 3 bio children, and I live on the southern Oregon Coast. We just sent in our Dossier Friday so we are a little behind you guys. I'll be praying that court goes really well this week! Congratulations on being so close!

kristen_deandrea@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wades!
I know you're sad that the court date got pushed back, but God has his reasons! And to cheer you up...
PUT A BANANA IN YOUR EAR!
And if you dont know why that will cheer you up...ask Tom. He's seen the video.

I LOVE YOU! Still can't wait to meet little Caleb and teach him everything I know about being rad. Haha. Which is A LOT. =]
<3 Katie!

PS. I forgot my username so I'm just going to post this anonymously but you know its meeeee.