Saturday, May 17, 2008

WE GOT OUR REFERRAL

Sorry it has taken a couple days to post this but we have been busy celebrating our beautiful little boy that God has blessed us with.

Thursday was the most amazing day. So this is how it all went. I was home from work with some sick kids and my mom and her friend were coming into town to help us get our house ready so we could put it up for sale. My mom arrived at about 11:05 and I started helping her unload all the goodies (baked goods, food, etc. thanks mom we love your cooking.) Well as I'm unloading things my phone rings but I can not get to it in time, they leave a message. When I hear Pat voice from our agency my heart starts to beat faster and my knees start going weak. I hear her say, "Leanne I have some good news for you, we have a little boy for you who is 2 years old." I get off the phone and start crying and screaming, and tell my mom what is going on. I can't believe that I receive this call only 10 minutes after my mom arrives at my house. God timing is so perfect! I then call my husband and he asks for more details and I do not have them because I forgot to call Pat back and get more info. So I call Pat and she emails all the information to us. We get ready and go and get the kids from school and go to get the email together. What an amazing day! A day we will never forget! So we have a beautiful little 2 year old boy who we already love and adore. Hopefully we will be able to travel before the courts close. I can not post any pictures of him until after we pass court and he is legally ours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We're all very excited for you and looking forward to how the Lord will bond all of us with Caleb. Several families in my church are adopting right now, so I'm learning a little about how that process works.

Blessings,

Uncle Ray

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed telling the story to customers at the barber shop. Tomorrow in Sunday School Class I will have a really big praise.
GrandDad W

The Coys said...

Yay - happy day for both of us! I hope we travel together. I too forgot to ask for more information, such as height, weight, where she is... I have a list of questions now that I can compile and ask Pat. Have you received your acceptance packet? We haven't yet so I'm hoping to get that Monday and overnight it back. Congratulations again - and what a wonderful way to hear the news, with you mother at your side.

Katherine said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot stop crying. God is AMAZING!!! We are so excited for you guys. Please keep us posted. We cannot wait to meet him!

Renee said...

Hi,
Tariku means "History" or "His Story". Congratulations on your referral our little Keller Tariku turned 2 at the end of March. These children are such a blessing!
Renee

Anonymous said...

I am do happy for you all. That is so cool. God's timing is perfect. Look forward to meeting little Caleb!

~Laura~ said...

Hey there,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love meeting new blog buddies. :) Congrats on your referral & upcoming court date. I'll be praying that you pass court on the 1st go.